We provide specialist support with student immigration issues, along with information on other immigration matters.

Immigration advice

Our International Student Office has fully qualified immigration advisers with up to date knowledge of changes to immigration law, so it is the only place on campus where you should ask questions about immigration. Please do not ask your friends or staff in your department for visa advice.

The advisers can answer any questions about visas and immigration at any stage of the visa process from before you come to Leeds to working options after you graduate. They can also check documents for many visa applications.  

If you have a question, or would like us to check your visa application, please contact the International Student Office. Don’t forget to put your name and student number on any correspondence.

Please ask your questions early, before the issue becomes urgent.

Drop-in service

We operate a drop-in service every weekday at 10.30am at our International Student Office on level 11 of the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff building. You can use this service to ask for immigration advice and information about visas.


If you are making a visa extension application in the UK, you must book an individual appointment for us to check your application. If you wish to apply by post, we can also send the application for you. Appointments can be booked at our enquiry desk.

Please note: any information you share with our immigration advisers may be shared with other university departments. Our advisers are happy to discuss this further with you. 

The information contained in this website is believed to be correct at the time of publication. For further information, please ensure that you refer to the relevant guidance and application forms from the Home Office when you apply. The University is not responsible for the content of external webpages or information published by government bodies.