You can study a research degree full-time, part-time and, in some cases, by split-site study. You can also study a PhD by distance learning with our Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures.

Please note that part-time study is not available to international candidates studying in the UK on a tier 4 student visa.

Find out about the types of research degree we offer.

Research areas

Below is an overview of our research areas. Find your research opportunity by visiting the subject pages: