We provide specialist support with student immigration issues, along with information on other immigration matters.

Immigration advice

Our International Student Office has qualified immigration advisers with up to date knowledge of changes to immigration law, so it is the only place on campus where you should ask questions about immigration. Please do not ask your friends or staff in your department for visa advice.

The International Student Advisers can answer questions about visas and immigration at any stage of the visa process, from before you come to Leeds to working options after you graduate. They can also check documents for student visa applications.  

If you have a question, or would like us to check your visa application, please contact the International Student Office. Don’t forget to put your name and student number on any correspondence.

Please ask your questions early, before the issue becomes urgent.

Contacting us for visa advice: during the working arrangements in place to protect students and staff during the Covid-19 pandemic, visa and immigration advice will be given by email. Please email internationalstudents@leeds.ac.uk

Visa checking service 

If you are making a visa extension application in the UK, an International Student Adviser can check this for you before you submit it – please see our online information about extending your visa.

Please note: any information you share with our immigration advisers may be shared with other University departments. Our advisers are happy to discuss this further with you.  

The information contained in this website is believed to be correct at the time of publication. For further information, please ensure that you refer to the relevant guidance and application forms from the Home Office when you apply. The University is not responsible for the content of external webpages or information published by government bodies.