Are you excited about your research career at Leeds and want to be more innovative but don’t know where to start?
Do you wish to grow your reputation for the application, translation and impact of your research beyond the academic arena?
Do you have a new idea you would like to explore, such as a new venture, service, research, or external partnership?
The Michael Beverley Innovation Fellowship aims to build the innovation culture and develop the next generation of academic entrepreneurs at the University of Leeds. The fellowship will help you, an early-career researcher, to contribute to the strategic direction of research and innovation within your faculty; deliver impact through your research on society, policy and business; and further your personal development.
We still have time for researchers to join us on this year’s Fellowship, with applications extended until 6pm Saturday 25 July 2021. Apply now.
To find out more, contact Jo Howorth email@example.com, and hear from one of this year’s Fellows and our Deputy-Vice Chancellor: Research and Innovation.
- In becoming a Michael Beverley Innovation Fellow you will receive up to £7,500 in funding to develop a concept such as creating a new venture, service, applied research, or external partnership. This will help raise your profile in the academic arena and put you on a trajectory for future research and innovation leadership roles within the university.
- You will have access to an inspiring network of trusted business experts, senior academics and University of Leeds alumni, through our Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) based mentoring programme. During the programme, you will attend a bi-monthly networking group that will provide peer learning and support. You will also have three dedicated mentors for 12 months, covering the duration of the programme and the early stages of implementing your agreed research plan.
- Through a customised approach, mentors will guide you into becoming more commercially aware and support you in the translation and implementation of your research.
- The fellowship will provide you with the tools, techniques and methodologies to disrupt your traditional way of thinking and support you in incorporating impact in the early development of your research proposals.
- You will be shown how to pitch research to business experts, to take an idea from concept to reality.
This programme will be of particular interest to colleagues in the earlier stages of their research career, who have completed their PhD within the last 10 years, and who will be employed by the University of Leeds until the end of the Fellowship.
Please note: due to the time commitment required, you will need to obtain Head of School sign-off for your participation in the programme, and where necessary, support for time away from work commitments to ensure that you have the freedom to fully engage with the programme.
Applications for Cohort 2 are extended until 6pm Saturday 25 July 2021.
Apply for your place on the Michael Beverley Innovation Fellowship Programme, and find out more about the programme structure and dates.
For more information about this programme or if you would like to support current/future cohorts through the programme as a mentor, please contact Jo Howorth (Michael Beverley Innovation Fellowship Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This unique fellowship programme will drive innovation engagement, supporting fellows to deliver impactful research.
Michael Beverley Innovation Fellows will create a community of researchers that are outward facing and will drive entrepreneurial culture across the University.
Not only will it help their research careers, but it will also build the reputations of the University, Leeds and the city region as destinations where entrepreneurs can thrive.