studentsintoschools is our school placement programme that gives schools the opportunity to access keen and proactive University of Leeds students to assist young peoples learning and raise their aspirations.
Since the scheme was launched, more than 6000 students have worked with schools to:
- add value to the curriculum
- assist in key areas such as literacy and numeracy
- support learners on the C/D grade borderline
- provide extra help for learners who have special educational needs or English as a foreign language.
All students are DBS and reference checked and receive training from a range of education professionals throughout their placements.
The programme is managed in two complementary strands:
- studentsintoschools modules, which form part of a students degree course and enables schools to draw upon the expertise and enthusiasm of University of Leeds undergraduates in a particular subject
- studentsintoschools volunteering, which includes literacy and numeracy support, general classroom assistance, mentoring, out-of-school activities and EAL support
Schools can also access Leeds University Union student societies as part of our societiesintoschools volunteering offer. These range from sustainability to entrepreneurship, from languages to music workshops and sports after school clubs.
Programmes run between 6-12 weeks from October to April.
If however your school has a specific need that our students can assist with, or you have an idea that you would like to develop with our support that isnt covered by these two strands, we would also like to hear from you.
For more information contact us on email@example.com