From LS2 to every corner of the world, every Leeds graduate has a story to tell. Through podcasts, blogs and features, meet the alumni making their mark.
Astronauts, musicians, Olympians, journalists and scientists are all connected through Leeds. Through our alumni spotlights, read about their journey to Leeds, their time here and their life beyond the University:
- Reach for the sky – Matthias Maurer
- Driving change – Alex Smith
- On top of the world – Bronwyn Hodgins
- The power of words – Wole Soyinka
- The one with the megastars – Ben Winston
- The most remarkable of graduates – Cec Thompson
- Changing the story with Hijabi Runners – Namrah Shahid
- Talking taboos – Olivia Cotes-James
- The road to Tokyo – Claire Cashmore
- A £7 million idea – Olivia Strong
- How to go to work – Lucy Clayton
- Escaping poverty – the learnings that shaped Madan Luthra
- Sage advisor – Cath Noakes
- Home bass – Simon Rix, Kaiser Chiefs
Wherever you are in the world, and whatever you might be doing, tell us about your time at Leeds and the path you’ve taken since. Email the Advancement team at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your story.
Climate conferences, sporting showdowns, national celebrations – Leeds alumni play their part all around the globe. Read about those making their mark.
- Leeds at COP27 – learn more about the conference, and how members of the Leeds community made a difference.
- Leeds at the Commonwealth Games – meet the alumni who made their mark at Birmingham 2022.
- Independence Day of Pakistan – to mark the 75 year anniversary of independence, we shine a light on the achievements of our Pakistani community.
- Indian Independence Day – we meet our global Indian alumni community to celebrate 75 years of independence.
- Leeds at COP26 – meet inspiring Leeds alumni around the globe helping to combat the climate crisis.
- Love at Leeds – read hundreds of heart-warming stories of Love at Leeds, shared from around the globe in our Valentine’s Day stories 2022 and Valentine’s Day stories 2023.
Leeds Alumni Voices
In this blog series, Leeds alumni experts have their say. From how to create a more sustainable future to the magic of volunteering, learn from the Leeds alumni in the know:
- Fair trade partnerships – by Anne Tallontire
- Five ways to a more sustainable wardrobe in 2022 – by Rob Greenland
- How to make a wreath like a professional – by Jenefer Baker
- Climate commitments in Indonesia: the dilemma between economic growth and the environment – by Adila Alibasya
- The time is now — What will you do to help ensure a successful COP26? – by Simon Kirkland
- Volunteering — Activism That Changes Lives – by Heather Conboy
- Volunteering: the myths and the magic – by Emma Douglas
- Campaign volunteering: the voices for our countryside – by Crewenna Dymond
If you would like to contribute a guest blog post to Leeds Alumni Voices, email your proposed topic to the Advancement team at email@example.com.
Forever Leeds is a podcast for anyone who went to Leeds, has children or relatives at Leeds right now, or is thinking of applying to study at Leeds themselves.
Meet famous alumni with stories to tell, discover the latest Leeds research, and hear from current students as they shape the future.
My Leeds Story
In this podcast, you can hear stories from before, during and after your time at Leeds from fellow alumni who have gone on to make a world of difference.
My Climate Story
This podcast mini-series is a chance for the Leeds alumni community to meet fellow alumni who are leading the world to a more sustainable future.