“I would say to anyone who is thinking about returning to university, forget whatever you think you can’t do, you can do it, and the support is there.”
The option to study part-time is available to both mature students and school leavers. It can enable you to work and balance other commitments while you study, and can be an ideal way to gain an academic qualification while developing your career at the same time.
Many of the Universitys undergraduate degrees are offered part-time and we also offer a number of bespoke part-time programmes.
If youre aged 21 or over when you begin your studies youre classed as a mature student. We welcome applications from mature students from all backgrounds onto both full-time and part-time programmes.
Your life and work experience mean there are alternative entry routes available to you other than formal qualifications, for example, a validated access course and the Access to Higher Education Diploma.
You could also use our alternative entry scheme to demonstrate your readiness for university study, or apply for one of our foundation programmes. For specific entry criteria please search for your course.
Lifelong Learning Centre
The Lifelong Learning Centre offers specialist support and programmes for mature and part-time undergraduates and provides:
- free, confidential and impartial advice to help you make informed decisions
- a supportive home for you during your studies, giving you dedicated space to study or meet up with others
- induction events for part-time students before other students arrive on campus
- social events and drop-in meetings open to all part-time and mature students across the University
- workshops and one-to-one sessions to help you grow in confidence as a student and achieve success
- practical assistance with negotiating administrative procedures, finding financial information and accessing disability support resources
For more information about mature or part-time study contact the centre on (0113) 343 3212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.