Through our world-leading research across disciplines we have developed innovative solutions to a wide range of medical challenges.
Our research expertise and facilities enable us to develop and test technologies that are more effective and improve patient outcomes, and to work with industry to bring these technologies to market.
Some notable examples of our work are:
- new bioprocesses for anterior cruciate ligament replacement
- simulation, design and pre-clinical testing of hip prostheses
- photoactive collagen-based materials for wound care
- repairing tooth enamel with synthetic materials and cold-pulsed lasers
- interpreting electronic signals in body tissue to help diagnose heart attack